How To Debrand Your Sony Xperia Smartphone Part 2
I am sure we have gotten all the preparations and pre-requisites as discussed from the 1st Part of this tutorial ready, so lets’ head to the final tutorial as explained below;
- Download the latest firmware and create the FTF file using the guide linked above.
- Copy the file and paste in Flashtool>Firmwares folder.
- Open Flashtool.exe now.
- Hit the small lightening button on the top left corner and select Flashmode.
- Select the FTF firmware file that you placed in the Firmware folder.
- From the right side, select what do you want to wipe. Data, cache and apps log, all wipes are recommended, perhaps you may select if you don’t want.
- Click on OK, and it will start preparing the firmware for flashing. This may take a little while to load.
- As soon as the firmware is loaded, it will prompt you to attach the phone by turning it off and keeping the back key press.
- For Xperia devices that came after 2011, Volume Down key will do the job of back key, just turn off your phone, keep the Volume Down key pressed and plug in the data cable.
- As soon as the phone is detected in Flashmode, the firmware will start flashing, Do not leave the Volume Down key until the process is complete.
- As soon as you see “Flashing ended or Finished Flashing” leave the Volume Down key, plug the cable out and reboot.
- That’s All! Congrats! You’ve installed latest official Android on your Xperia smartphone. Your smartphone is debranded now and it’s in complete standard state. Enjoy!
In case you got any queries or face any problems regarding this guide, feel free to stop by the comment box below and let us know. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks all!